[Vision2020] http://www.correntewire.com/republican_people_of_the_lie_must_disgorge_the_abu_ghraib_child_rape_photos_videos_judge_rules

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 28 18:41:14 PDT 2006

Gary,

Here's a link to the AP story:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001218842

Republican Senator Graham's comments, snipped below, are worth noting, since
he can't be accused of being a Democrat making the most of the situation.

"'The American public needs to understand we're talking about rape and
murder here. We're not just talking about giving people a humiliating
experience,' Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told reporters
after Rumsfeld testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee. 'We're
talking about rape and murder -- and some very serious charges.'

If there was nothing so damning in the tapes and photographs, why did the
Defense Department fight to keep them?  The government's claim was that the
release of the photographs would harm the U.S.' image.  Clearly they're not
pictures of a birthday party.

It's not at all clear that the government has actually handed over the
pictures to the ACLU, or that they would be able to then hand them over to
CNN as you seem to contend.  After the ruling the Defense Dept. filed
pleadings under seal ( so they could not be seen by the public) opposing the
decision.  Reading the article whose link is below, it seems to me that the
ACLU did not yet have the pictures or tapes.  Also, it seems likely to me
that the judge would order the ACLU not to publish or provide the evidence
to news agencies.

http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?section=root&name=ViewPrint&articleId=10643

Anyway, I need to quit researching right now.  Perhaps someone else can
shine some light on this.

BTW, if you say there's no evidence of children being sodomized, are you
conceding that there might be evidence of women being raped?

Sunil