[Vision2020] Questions for Doug --

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 24 11:22:53 PDT 2006

Yes, but the moral basis of each of the "thou shalt not" commandments
presumes the inherent evil of the act prohibited.  "Thou shalt not covet thy
neighbor's wife" -- committing acts of envy, lust, and possibly adultery --
wasn't written, I'm sure, because the Israelites were confused on the point,
but because the stated commandments reflect the righteousness of God.  Also,
as Paul points out in the book of Romans, without law there is no
understanding of our very failure to obey it.

keely