[Vision2020] The death penalty....a deterent?????

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 10:05:45 PDT 2006

I do not support the death penalty.
Not having sentiment toward those who murder willingly. I would point out
that when the State murders an innocent person. No medium of justice can
ever be found for the victims their families, etc. For, we have difficulty
putting the State in jail or putting it to death. The scale can never be
mediated “if” an innocent is murdered by the State. In fact, the fulcrum is
all but lost.
Admittedly, I have poor argument supporting individuals who have murdered
another willingly and with absolute incontrovertible evidence.
Still, any person reasonably acquainted with life’s serendipitous situations
knows that mistakes in judgment occur. Judges and juries are human and
fallible. Mistakes happen at the highest levels of professional practice in
the human condition. A check of restraint against the possibility of mistake
should be in place.
I feel that the “closest balance” of justice is maintained using life
without parole as the medium of State punishment for crimes of murder.

D.Sarff