[Vision2020] Same Sex Marriage Debate pointless.

Mike Finkbiner mike_l_f at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 21 10:15:15 PDT 2006

I completely agree with Paul.   We would be better off  if we separated the
contractual and legal relationship between people from the religious.

One of the frustrating things about this country is the tendancy to use a
particular religious perspective to set public policy.  That's one of the
real concerns I have with the proposed constitutional amendment in Idaho.
At first glance it appears to ban civil union as an option.

We have a long way to go in determining how gay people are going to live in
the United States, and I think it's foolish to ban options based on
prejudice and ignorance before we have had a chance to see how things work
out.

- Mike

PS - This month is the 50th anniversary of the Hungarian Revolution.  A
struggle for freedom can involve sacrifice and take a long time, but it
appears to be part of what makes us human.