[Vision2020] Duncan plea deal

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 15 07:50:44 PDT 2006

Gary,

It is not as if your view has any more empirical support than mine!

--
Joe Campbell

---- "g. crabtree" <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:

=============
Reason #3: A long life in prison is far worse than a short death.

If this is truly the case, why do you suppose so many vermin such as Duncan
prefer/fight for the life sentence? For the most part this, is true of all
convicted killers. What do you base your contention on? I can't imagine that
it's even how you, personally, would feel should you ever be in a similar
circumstance. (not that you would, of course) This "long life in prison is
worse than death." mantra seems to be bandied about as a truism with
precious little supporting evidence. In fact, most evidence points the other
way.

gc