[Vision2020] Addendum to Scimitar and Calvinism

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 13 17:44:12 PDT 2006

Greetings:

As a Unitarian I appreciate very much The Scimitar's posts on our dear martyr, the brilliant theologian and doctor Michael Servetus, who was burned at the stake by Calvinists in Geneva.

On the question of Calvinism and theology, I would just like to call your attention to a debate held between Doug Wilson and a Grangeville pastor.  The topic was "Is Calvinism Biblical?" and the good pastor from Grangeville quoted passage after passage to demonstrate that the answer was a firm "No."

I would gladly loan out my copy of the tape of the debate, but I sent to Forrest Church, Unitarian minister in NYC, and he promptly lost it.  Canon Press should still have some copies for anyone interested in these things.

Nick Gier