[Vision2020] Fairbanks and the Bottom Line

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 12 20:21:35 PDT 2006

Greetings Visionaires -

As I mentioned earlier, some members of the assembly of Fairbanks North Star
Borough (Alaska) had sponsored a resolution commending the troops of the
172nd Stryker Brigade, home stationed at neighboring Fort Wainwright, and
calling for the immediate resignation of Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld.

On Wednesday evening (October 11th), the Fairbanks North Star Borough
Assembly met to listen to the opinions and desires of local citizens
concerning this resolution, to deliberate, and to render its decision.

This evening, I downloaded and began extracting individual citizen testimony
before the Fairbanks North Star Borough assembly.  Much of the testimony was
emotional, thought-provoking, and enlightening, both for and against.  After
removing names and addresses, I posted some of the testimony at:

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Fairbanks

As the meeting lasted in excess of four hours, I will be posting more and
more comments over the next few days.

The final posting will consist of the assembly's deliberation and decision.

Pro patria,

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

- Thomas Jefferson