[Vision2020] Parks Paths Driving 10-12-06 Press Release

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Oct 12 15:21:53 PDT 2006

MOSCOW POLICE DEPARTMENT

118 East 4th Street

Moscow, Idaho 83843

Tel: 208-882-COPS    Fax: 208-882-4020

PRESS RELEASE

We received a complaint from a Moscow citizen today.  Their complaint
was about a red Jeep driving at a high rate of speed through Carol Ryrie
Brink park, located near the intersection of Mt. View and Seventh
Street.

There are several important issues related to this incident.  Our parks
are well-used and beloved by our citizens.  In addition to putting
citizens safety in jeopardy by driving in a park there is the
possibility of causing damage to plantings and structures in the parks.

This goes for our pedestrian walk ways and paths.  It is against the law
to drive a motorized vehicle on the paths.  This includes motorized
scooters and skateboards.

There are no parks in Moscow where driving a motor vehicle is allowed.
Damage caused by a vehicle being operated in a park could lead to
citation, or arrest, for Malicious Injury to Property and/or
Reckless/Inattentive driving.

If anyone knows who operated the red Jeep through Carol Ryrie Brink park
on October 11, 2006 at about 3:45 pm, please contact the Moscow Police
Department at 882-COPS.  We would like to contact this person(s) about
their driving.

Please do not drive through our parks or on our paths.  It is unsafe and
against the LAW!

If convicted of one of these offenses you could face the following
penalties:

Malicious Injury to Property - fine $300.00

Reckless Driving -                     fine $375.00. Suspension of
driver's license. 6 days in jail.

Inattentive Driving -                  fine  $175.00 to $375.00

Driving on Ped Path -               fine  $175.00

DANIEL L. WEAVER
Prepared by:

            Chief of Police
Corporal Carl Wommack