[Vision2020] Jury awards $11.3M over defamatory Internet posts -- reply to Gary Crabtree

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Thu Oct 12 12:35:31 PDT 2006

Gary,

Thanks for the note. I've decided not to take your curious responses to me
with a significant level of seriousness, which is perhaps how you intend
them to be taken in the first place (you seem to be having a fun time here
on V2020). If you would like to edit my posts, I would be happy to run them
by you; but given the substantive issues currently debated, I doubt the
general public is all that interested in your public commentary about my
grammar. If you ever chose to clearly demonstrate how my argumentative
writing is "inchoate" I would be happy to take a look at your work.

I do not recollect ever failing to address a serious question to me from
you; in fact, I recall asking at one point that folks resend any questions
posed to me that I failed to address in case they slipped through the
cracks. So if I have done this even once I offer you my sincere apology.
But I seriously doubt I have failed to answer a question from you
"repeatedly." This provides a helpful illustration of why I find dialog with
you unhealthy to my reputation on the internet and to how I spend my time
generally. Last time I attempted dialoging with you, I was ridiculed by you
for incessantly demanding what religion you are of; you did this even though
you knew that I had asked this question one time (followed up with one
reminder) and that it was clearly directed to an argument of yours. I am
hoping not to have to undergo this kind of treatment, and therefore hope
that there will be no further reason for us to discuss anything in a public
context.

But there is more in this reply from you that further evidences this kind of
malicious dishonesty.  You here yank a very old statement of mine out of
context (in multiple ways) and claim that I was speaking about the FBI's
"interest in the trials and travails of poor Michael and his never ending
dramas." Yet, you would know full well that my comment about the FBI had
nothing to do with me or my life story.  This seems to be intentional libel,
and I really don't know of anyone else on Vision 2020 that practices such a
thing.  There are many disagreements and many wrong and hateful things said
here on Vision 2020; but they almost always appear to be said with a level
of sincerity; i.e., they are not the sorts of statements that would provide
material for a successful libel law suit. Given the post you are here
critiquing, this is certainly ironic; I even wonder if this suggests that
your level of seriousness in posting here on V2020 is far less than many of
us have ever suspected.

>From here, I will likely refuse to publicly dialog with you - partly for the
reasons listed above. If you continue to intentionally misquote me I will
likely just respond by posting my quote in full. I doubt I will ever make
comment to your statements on my blog. Since most folks reading Vision 2020
are familiar with my writing over the last year, and given my general
reputation in the community (outside of certain circles within Christ
Church) I am not worried about your continued claims about my mental health.

You strike me as a very unhappy man Gary, and your antagonism against me and
your unbalanced support of Doug Wilson is simply a mystery to me - outside
of my hypothesis that it is really a game for your own amusement. I would be
happy to meet with you privately any time; I enjoyed meeting you the first
time. Feel free to send me a private note if you ever get the inclination to
meet me for a beer at Bucers-the first two beers are on me. But I do not see
anything productive coming from anymore dialog with you on Vision 2020.

Yours

Michael Metzler

www.poohsthink.com <http://www.poohsthink.com/>

PO Box 8282

Moscow, Idaho

Cell: 509-330-1503

Mike, After reading your "essay" and following all of the links, I've come
to the following conclusions. You seem to be a major fan of the run on,
disjointed sentence and have but a fleeting and casual acquaintance with the
comma. (I know, black pots and kettles club, here I come.) I also note that
you have yet to back away from, or explain in any manner, a remark I have
questioned you about repeatedly. This would have to do with you assertion
that federal law enforcement and intelligence gathering organizations would
have even a glimmering of interest in the trials and travails of poor
Michael and his never ending dramas. You said at one of the afore mentions
links...

                        "I'd imagine that some interested parties will soon
be the FBI and the CIA."

  ...with regard to your former associates. Your silence in explaining this
far fetched assertion has been notable. When someone hyperventilates to the
point of imagining so much greater a public involvement then their private
molehill warrants, it's easy to see where the mental disorder remarks might
start to filter in. Incohesive essays in which you simultaneously argue the
propriety of a law suit being brought against the Right Mind sites owner and
threaten to defend it in the same breath doesn't help much either. I assume
that since you post this nonsense to the Vision, you are looking for some
kind of positive feedback. I'm sorry if, once again, I do not adequately
meet your expectations.

        gc

" I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest."  A.
Dumas