[Vision2020] Gerry Studds Information From Answers.com

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 12 06:06:07 PDT 2006

[I sent this post yesterday but for some reason it never made it on the V.]

Dear Guber,

As Tom noted, you would be hard pressed to find examples from Saundra of these kinds of offensive generalizations about the Kirk.

But I applaud you in condemning those who regularly make offensive generalizations against any group! I also like your analogy between the kinds of offensive generalizations that some people (not Saundra but others) make against the Kirk and the kinds of offensive generalizations that some (not all) of the Kirk make against the 'Intoleristas.' Can you join me in condemning both forms of bigotry?

Will you join me in condemning the person who made the offensive generalizations below? If you admit that he was wrong in making these offensive generalizations, then you will go a long way in showing me that the words of your last post were sincere!

All the Best, Joe

----------------------

We have a group of people here who think that officials are there so that intoleristas can hand them a personal or ideological vendetta wrapped up in what looks like official and legitimate concerns about justice, the code, and the American way.

Jesus speaks of those who are in the grip of a self-important self-righteousness, which is the chief characteristic of our Intoleristas, and He says that their fundamental problem is that they are spiritually dull.

What intoleristas do is shout people down, file bogus complaints, and tell the authorities that those people over there are "not zoned for disagreeing with me."

Another way of putting this is that Intoleristas are one-way relativists. They use relativistic "who's to say" arguments to deal with any and all rival truth claims, but when the smoke clears from those battles, they advance their own claims, against which they will brook no dissent whatever. This is why they have richly earned their name -- Intolerista. They will not allow any of their assumptions to be questioned or challenged, and if you try, they will brand you as someone peddling "hate." Hatred, of course, is defined as differing with them.

The Intoleristas have not a clue when it comes to issues of self-awareness.

One of the fundamental lies of the Intoleristas is found in the incongruity they find in being identified with a label like Intolerista. Their intolerance is in their right hand, all the time, and they cannot see it.

But minding our own business is becoming much harder because our Intoleristas are dedicated to a very public and judicial harassment of any view that starts to threaten their goose-stepping versions of diversity.

And so we name accordingly. These are the Intoleristas. This is jackbooted tolerance. This is diversity or else!

Doug Wilson, Blog and Mablog
http://www.dougwils.com/?Action=Search&searchstring=intolerista&page=1
(Just do a word search for 'intolerista.' After that try 'liberal' and 'secularist' and see what you get.)

---- Guber <guber at yuber.com> wrote:

Hi Saundra,

I find it *incredibly offensive* that you feel free to stereotype all Christ Church members as being law breakers, tax evaders and not caring about this community. That's just flatly wrong.  To put it more simply, that's just as shameful and flatly untrue as saying all Intoleristas support sex out side of wedlock, gratuitous pot use and trespassing.

Cheers, G.