[Vision2020] Is Moscow Ready for Reservoir?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 16:38:23 PDT 2006

Wayne,

  You wrote:

  "Whether these numbers you present are true or not, they do not support  the allegations you made in the paragraph I cited.  That paragraph  was a gross exaggeration and when I was a kid, would have been called a  bald-faced lie."

  "In  Boise mortgages are only like $700 for a three or four bedroom  house.  Jobs in Moscow pay less than 30K a year, our county  population is shrinking and native Moscow residents are being replaced  by Californians and others not from here because of the cost of living  and lack of job opportunities."

  OK Wayne, since you seem to unable to research simple facts on your own, I will break it down so can follow:

  First Sentence of quote:

  "In Boise mortgages are only like $700 for a     three or four bedroom house. "

   PROOF: Math doesn't Lie, therefore, lets use it:

  Look on any mortgage calculator and you will see that a $123,000 (average home price) home mortgage is less than $700 a month.

  A family that puts down $20,000 down on an average home in Boise, at 6%  interest rate (about avg.) pays only $600 a month. Count in property  taxes, that is about $700 a month. If you don't believe it, do the  calculation yourself:

  http://www.mortgage-calc.com/amortization/amortizationscheduleandcalculator.html

  Or find a calculator yourself by doing a search on the Internet. It is pretty simple.

  Second phrase in the quote:

  "Jobs in Moscow pay less than 30K a year"

  Proof: Again, listed on:

  http://www.nextag.com/home-mortgage/2/ID/Moscow.html

  Gross Income for an entire household in Moscow, two people working:
  $30,125.0

  Third Phrase:
  "our county population is shrinking"

  PROOF: According to the Idaho Department of Commerce/Labor  http://lmi.idaho.gov/admin/uploadedPublications/4012_fyi_urban.pdf#search=%22Latah%20County%20Population%20declined%22

  Latah lost about 200 residents from 2000-2005 while the state gained record population increases.

  Last Statement:
  "native Moscow residents are being     replaced by Californians"

  It is true, call the DMV (883-7216).
  They  replace California driver's licenses more than any other with the  exception of Washington which is right next door. Californians are  coming in, Idahoans are going out.
  And no they are not college students, they don't have to change driver's licenses only permanent residents do.

  So  before you call me a liar, do some research first. I shouldn't have to  prove already well established facts that ANY freshman high school  student can verify with a simple Internet search.

    Best,

  _DJA

Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:          Whether  these numbers you present are true or not, they do not support the  allegations you made in the paragraph I cited.  That paragraph was  a gross exaggeration and when I was a kid, would have been called a  bald-faced lie.

  W.
  ----- Original Message -----   From: Donovan Arnold