[Vision2020] So, Is Moscow ready for a reservoir?

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Oct 10 14:08:27 PDT 2006

There has been some talk about Troy's proposed reservoir, which will
conveniently be located on University of Idaho land, making it a little
bit easier to do.  The proposed reservoir will cover approximately 25
acres and will store 245 million gallons (compare that to their current
reservoir of 8 million gallons and you can see why they are excited
about it).  They received their conditional use permit for municipal
water storage earlier this year, but I have not heard how the fund
procurement process has been going.  I believe the Troy town fathers
thought federal funds would be the best source to tap.

Mark, was there any discussion regarding locations for a Moscow
reservoir?  I've got a couple in mind, but I wonder how landowners would
feel about having a reservoir on their property.

By the way, I'm all for building one.  But, as Gary Riedner said, I'd
hope we can find a painless way to pay for it.

DC