[Vision2020] Is Moscow Ready for Reservoir?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 11:57:09 PDT 2006

Joe and Bruce,

 I would love to attend your meeting, however,  I cannot. You guys really need to check with me before you schedule  these meetings to make sure I am free, cause you know, I work and go to  school and right now I  am also sick. ; )

 But my advice  is that you work with Naylor Farms to meet both your goals. Maybe the  money raised from mining can be used to pay for the reservoir. Working  with people you have disagreements with rather than shutting them down  all the time might work better to meet some of your long term goals.

  Is there any reason why the water used by Naylor Farms cannot be used  to fill the reservoir? Is there any reason why the hole they dig cannot  be the reservoir? Is there any reason why the taxes and fines they pay  the county to mine cannot be used to pay for the project? I think a  reservoir on top of a hill just a mile or town out of town is a perfect  place to have one.

  Those are the questions I would ask if I could attend this meeting.

  Best,

  _DJA

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:Come  to the meeting, Donovan! Note that the title of the meeting is a  question, not a statement. We're going to discuss the plusses and  minuses and try to help folks reach an informed decision on the matter.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold  wrote:

=============
Won't  digging a reservoir cause health problems with dust being less then 1.5  miles away from Moscow? And won't it use a lot of water?

  Why don't we just have Naylor Farms dig us a hole, take the clay and dirt away, and use the water to fill the reservoir?

Curious minds want to know.

  Best,

  _DJA

Bruce and Jean Livingston  wrote:              Reminder: MCA meeting on whether Moscow should   consider building a water reservoir.

  MCA General Public Meeting on Monday Oct. 9 at 1912   Building @ 7p.m.
  Water   Solutions – Is Moscow   Ready for a Reservoir?
  Panelists:
  Jerry Fairley, Professor of Hydrogeology, U of Idaho
  Dianne French, founder of Palouse Water Conservation   Network
  Gary Riedner, Moscow City Supervisor
  Steve Robischon, Exec. Mgr. of Palouse Basin Aquifer   Committee
  Mark Solomon, Palouse Water Conservation Network

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com