[Vision2020] USATODAY.com - Courts are asked to crack down on bloggers, websites

Michael metzler at moscow.com
Mon Oct 9 09:51:23 PDT 2006

For those of you not aware, the front page of USA Today mentions the law
suit against my friend Frank Vance; I figured some of you might be
interested since Doug Wilson helped make all this happen (Vance was first
pursuing in part Wilson's dishonest cover up of Ligonier Ministrie's RC
Sproul Jr, Wilson's buddy who was defrocked in part for deceit and pastoral
abuse.).

Here's the link:
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20061003/1a_cover03.art.htm

"Ligonier Ministries, a religious broadcaster and publisher in Lake Mary,
Fla., has taken the unusual step of asking a judge to pre-emptively silence
a blogger to try to prevent him from criticizing the ministries. Judges
historically have refused to place such limits on traditional publishers.
The lawsuit cites postings on a blog by Frank Vance that described Ligonier
president Timothy Dick as "a shark" and as coming from a "family of
nincompoops." The suit says the entries are false and have damaged Dick's
reputation."

Wilson is now on record claiming there is no reason to think there is
anything wrong with such a law suit (ahem).

Michael Metzler

www.poohsthink.com <http://www.poohsthink.com/>