[Vision2020] Foley Case A Major Political Coverup

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 18:50:22 PDT 2006

Ted,

I don't mean to belittle the issues of a congressman using the page
system as Foley did for his own personal gratification, or of coverups
by either party.  I guess I'm just getting sick of these kinds of power
plays.

I know this is not what others believe, but I could for the most part
care less what sexuality, or level of sexual promiscuity, or whatever a
congressman has.  I put the "for the most part" in there because of
cases such as this one where a law was broken.  I didn't care about what
Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky or cigars.  If the page was 18 or
older, I wouldn't care much about how Foley IMs them either.  I'd rather
judge them on the job they are doing as a government official.

I'd rather we focus on the actual real damage that (I feel) is being
done to this country.  Such as the warrant-less wiretapping, Patriot
Acts I and II, the new bill that McCain caved on that actually states
that someone who disagrees with the administration can be considered an
enemy combatant, the debate over torture and our needs as a country to
employ it wantonly, the secret prisons, the handing off of prisoners to
countries we know will torture them, the willingness of our telcoms to
have the NSA sniff every packet on the Internet, the disregarding of
intelligence before 9/11, the no-bid contracts to make those connected
in power wealthier, and the complete ignoring of the FISA rules even
when they are so broad as to be almost meaningless.  Did I forget
anything?  Oh yes, the war with Iraq when we knew it had no WMDs.
Anyway, you get the point.

Paul