[Vision2020] Doug Wilson, & a Few Observations About Dialogue

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 02:15:40 PDT 2006

I've reached a moment of temporary stasis in my life.  Before that
stasis is interrupted by hectic normalcy, I'll publish the interviews
I conducted with Doug Wilson.  I'll post them here on 15 October.

In the meantime, I've decided to share the following observations:

1.  Dialogue is conversation between two or more parties, ideally
intended for (and hopefully resulting in) reciprocal enlightenment.
It isn't about grandstanding or proving one another right or wrong.

2.  The fruits of dialogue are not always immediately obvious.

3.  Dialogue is more painlessly productive when none of the
participants are psychopaths.  Idi Amin was probably a psychopath.
Likewise Pol Pot and Stalin.

4.  Douglas Wilson is not a psychopath.

5. When dialogue is conducted without adhering to the laws of logic
and reason, it is usually pointless.

6.  When dialogue becomes impolite, it is easily derailed.

I'm hoping to use these observations to guide my dialogue on Vision2020.

Cheers,

Chas