[Vision2020] Security Stricken

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Oct 7 11:35:29 PDT 2006

>From today's (October 7, 2006) Spokesman Review with thanks to Terrance V.
Sawyer of Spokane

Security stricken

Hey you. Reading the paper.

Hear that pounding on the door? They're G-men, coming for you, just doing
their job. Don't bother leaving a note, you won't be getting any visitors
where you're going. They won't tell you why. The cuffs are on. Take a last
look at your house. Here comes the hood. No, you can't leave a note. No you
don't get to call a lawyer.

Want to see the evidence against you? It's a secret. Bail? Uh-uh. Jury
trial? Nope. Fixed sentence? Plea bargain? Not for you.

We're taking you to a secret prison, where you'll stay till you tell what
you know. We have ways of making you talk. All of them legal, now. We may
send you to Uzbekistan. We may or may not charge you with a crime.

It can't happen here? Ask Jose Padilla, a U.S. citizen. He was arrested May
2002, held in a Navy brig for three years. That was the old law. Congress
just passed the Military Commissions Act of 2006, striking those rights for
people like you, people named by the president or his designee as an enemy
combatant.

Are you more secure now?

Terrence V. Sawyer
Spokane

The Military Commissions Act of 2006 is accessible at:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/C?c109:./temp/~c109y0W6JI

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism"

- Thomas Jefferson