[Vision2020] Nine Questions With Larry Grant

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Oct 6 06:53:19 PDT 2006

>From today's (October 6, 2006) UI Argonaut -

Nine questions with Larry Grant
Written by Argonaut Staff
Friday, 06 October 2006

Democrat Larry Grant faces Republican Bill Sali, Bill Smith of the
Constitution Party and Andy Hedden-Nicely of the United Party for Idaho's
1st District House seat.

Q1.  How would you describe your political affiliation?

I'm a Western Democrat. Fiscally conservative, socially moderate.

Q2.  What will you bring to the college-age demographic of voters?

Strong support for education, strong support for financial aid. I'd do
everything I can for support of health care. . I won't say free beer.

Q3.  Why should you be elected to Congress?

I've spent my entire career solving problems. We need problem solvers in
Congress right now. Not problem makers.

Q4.  What are your views on our present situation in Iraq?

Give local control to local leaders in order to stop the violence. We don't
cut and run. We don't set a timetable. We can't tell the terrorists from
those involved in civil war, but the locals can.

Q5.  What are your views on immigration?

The plan of action is to set up a work permit system that lets you take the
pressure off the border.

Q6.  What are your views on CIEDRA (Central Idaho Economic Development and
Recreation Act) and Boulder-White Clouds?

There are some sections that folks don't agree with, but you have to agree
with the process. I support that kind of process. I'll vote for
Boulder-White Clouds.

Q7.  What should be done about minimum wage?

Raise it. Seven bucks or more. It might take a couple of years to get there,
but we ought to raise it.

Q8.  What do you think about No Child Left Behind?

We need to call No Child Left Behind what it really is. It's the "I hate
public schools act." If you allow students to be removed from the public
schools . then the public schools are left with the problems.

Q9.  What are your views on abortion?

I'm pro-choice. Definitely.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"If I wanted to overhear every tedious scrap of brain static rattling around
in your head, I'd read your blog."

- Bill Maher