[Vision2020] Debate or Coward?

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 6 00:42:47 PDT 2006

I'm just wondering, Donovan, what exactly are the RELIGIOUS beliefs that folks at CC endorse with which Michael disagrees?

Best, Joe

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Michael,

  I really think you need to find a new hobby besides bashing members of a church you disagree with. It cannot be healthy.

  Yes, I am sure you can find lots of outrageous, offense, frustrating,  and arguably unfair beliefs and practices of Christ Church. But you  know, they are by far not the biggest or worst religion. And they also  do a lot of good for the community.

 Take my church for  example. It is headed by a former Nazi who later masterminded a  conspiracy to protect the largest number of child molesters in the  United States by moving them around from parish to parish. He oppresses  woman, and preaches that gays are immoral. He has more followers than  any other religion, including in this town. There is another religion  that kills homosexuals and launches violent attacks against people that  even draw a cartoon of their God.

  Nobody is forcing  you to believe or practice what you want. And likewise, nobody has to  justify their personal religious beliefs and actions to you. If you  don't agree with their words and actions you are free to join another  religion or start one of your own.

  Best,

  _DJA

Michael <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:                    st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                    Donavan!  What are you saying?

    Story line again:

    Kirkers insult community; Kirkers have big theonomist, take over eschatology.

    Community critiques Kirkers as any community would.

    Kirkers unable to rationally defend themselves against criticism; they  instead lie.

    Kirkers continue to insult.

    Insults mount from both directions, and through all the smoke, not one meaningful  and true response is found from the Kirk.

    This is the story, and this is my point.

    You,  Donavan, are becoming more mysterious as the months drag on. But hey,  that’s ok; I’ll still be your friend. Even if you just might have  defending the Nazi’s against the persecution from the Jews!  And  remember, I still have friends in the Kirk.  Call me Shindler….

    Michael

    Michael,

  You wrote:

  "Does  not anyone at the Kirk have a rational, argumentative point to be made  about the constant and varied public criticism against them?"

  Like I said, I think you guys should just take your case to the city council to  require all members of Christ   Church be given a giant  bright yellow star to wear on their arm so we can easily recognize them.

  Best,

  _DJA

  Michael  <metzler at moscow.com> wrote:

Lucy Jones writes:

“If it's not interesting, you could *advertise* it on V2020 the way other bloggers do who need more

 attention.”

    I  am unceasingly dumfounded at how kirkers can continue to make veiled  and slanderous comments even when they are continually exposed for what  they are.  Just this morning I located another kirk blog linked to  my site that revealed yet another misquote. Dale Cortney still refuses  to pull an intentional misquote from my blog that has now been up for  months. This is amazing. After 8 months, and every kirk attack has been  in the form of bald falsehood, nonsensical ridicule, or else strong  critique of strawed-man quotes ripped out of context.  Does not  anyone at the Kirk have a rational, argumentative point to be made  about the constant and varied public criticism against them?   Outside of the silly “persecution” ploy?

    As  for this quote: this has become one of the steady anti-pooh mantras  that kirkers sooth themselves with. So please allow me just this one  time to quickly and modestly point out the relevant fact that my  readership is as strong as Peter Leithart’s; you might recall how  Wilson boasted about Leithart’s blog in his sermon when   explaining why he was the truly anointed one in Moscow.  Apparently, the kind of “interest” Leithart’s blog gets is evidence for  the fact that YHWH will defend the Kirk against its local enemies; I  guess I now have evidence that YHWH is routing for me too.  In  sum, I certainly haven’t sent links to Vision 2020 to keep a “needed”  readership (putting aside the claims that I have a mental disorder); I  just like local readership more than non-local, given the common topic  of my blog (which, by the way, is only about 40% Kirk stuff these  days).

    Dear kirkers, say something true and meaningful.

    Sincerely,
    Michael Metzler
    www.poohsthink.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,