[Vision2020] Iraqi Higher Ed in Shambles

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 5 11:04:40 PDT 2006

Greetings:

With regard to the sad state of Iraqi Higher Ed, it is the Bush administration's fault.  The primary responsibility of an occupying army is to secure all institutions and industries.  The US has utterly failed to do this.

With regard to those who say that we should hit them even harder, it was Rumsfeld, not the lefties, who failed to field enough troops and give our troops the proper equipment.  And it was Rumsfeld, not the lefties or the media, who threw out the State Department's plans for reconstruction and pacification.

And what exactly do our superhawks want to do: bomb Iraq back into the Stone Age, attack Syria and Iran?

Where would Vietnam be today, if the superhawks had their way?  Southeast Asia would either have become a province of China or a nuclear wasteland.

Where would Korea be today, if superhawks were allowed to use nuclear weapons against China?  (Truman did the right thing in firing Gen. MacAruthur.) It, too, would either be a Chinese province or a nuclear wasteland.

The superhawks don't seem to care about the people we are supposed to be liberating.  Complete destruction is their presumed goal.  That's so nice and Christian, isn't it?

Nick Gier, supporting the troops but not this disastrous war