[Vision2020] Iraqi Higher Ed in Shambles

Melissa Hendrickson hend5953 at uidaho.edu
Thu Oct 5 08:34:18 PDT 2006

How many centuries did Christians kill each other over "stupid"
sectarian violence?  Christians may not resort to physical violence to
settle differences between groups in our current era, but there are
still plenty of us who will not sit at the same table as others, who
belittle and berate our brothers and sisters in Christ because we do
not agree with their theology.  If we as Christians cannot come to one
table and put our differences aside who are we to judge another
religion?  Especially when our past is just as bloody, if not more,
than our Muslim cousins?

I am just as guilty of talking poorly of other Christians, I have been
hurt deeply by those who profess to be Christians, yet hurl slanderous
and hate filled words and deeds in my direction.  We are all driven by
our bias and prejudice, we have the choice to continue to live
according to our bias or look at ourselves and work against that bias
and move towards conforming to Christ.

--Mo