[Vision2020] downtown: Moscow/Pullman Hwy. Mall?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 14:00:12 PDT 2006

Mo,

 My understanding is that property has already been sold,  across from Safeway to somebody else. A manager working at Wal-Mart  told me it is going in next to the new shopping center on the state  line because they were not able to get a second store on the Troy  Highway like planned. The original plan was to have a store on the west  side of Pullman and a store on the east side Moscow. When that failed,  they wanted one in a more central location to get as much of both  markets as possible. That makes more sense to me, then to expect  everyone to drive out to the west side Pullman of give up the business  of all of Latah and lots of Moscow.

  Best,

  _DJA

Melissa Hendrickson <hend5953 at uidaho.edu> wrote:  The Pullman Super Walmart is going in across from Safeway, not just
across the border on the Moscow/Pullman Highway.  So it will not be as
convenient as you might think to simply stop shopping at Winco and
start shopping at the Super Walmart.

--Mo