[Vision2020] downtown: Moscow/Pullman Hwy. Mall?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 13:22:05 PDT 2006

Ted,

  That is where they are going to build the new SuperWalmart.

  Whitman is just thrilled that Moscow Elites gave them all their future property tax revenues and sales income.

  I am going to go to the Super Walmart, just like everybody else making  less than 50K a year. But I think it is upsetting that all the taxes  are going to Whitman County instead of to Latah which is why I wanted a  store here, it was going to happen anyway. The 6% sales tax on food at  Winco will be enough to send all the college students the 200 feet west  to Super Walmart instead of Winco.

 Do the math. If Walmart  is 5% cheaper than Winco, plus 6% not taxed, that is an 11% difference  in price. If a college student spends about $250 a month on groceries,  at a wage of $5.15, that is 5.3 hours of work saved by going to Wal  Mart instead of Winco. If a college student works only about 50 hours a  month, that is 10% of their wages saved. What college student isn't  going make the little effort to save that much of their meager earnings?

  Best,

  _DJA

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:  Ted asks:
 "Does anyone know if the mall on the Washington St. side of the
Moscow/Pullman Hwy. is still going forward?"

Yes it is.  Here's the site you refer to:

http://www.hawkinscompanies.com/fliers/WA_Pullman_Hwy270_AirportRd_F.pdf

DC

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com