[Vision2020] Commmittee Emails II

whayman at adelphia.net whayman at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 2 11:00:30 PDT 2006

Hello all,

Please allow me the opportunity to get this straight, because anyone who knows me knows I am capable of misunderstanding just about anything.

This was an ad hoc, voluntary, unpaid committee gathered together under the banner of providing information as a free service to the Latah area voting community (or at least V2020). They met to generate questions to candidates in order to allow the elucidation of some planks of the respective platforms. This comprised information any one person could have obtained, inferred or surmised without help. All involved, I imagine, were providing a service to the community approximately free of bias. Apparently any one person on the committee could have pursued the gathering and dissemination of information and submitted such to the committee.

It seems to me that we all should be, and I for one am, grateful for anything at all. That some candidates chose not to respond speaks louder toward the candidate and not toward "wasted time" of the pursuit. The silence/refusal constitutes an answer in itself worth noting, appreciating and weighing.

Were there flaws to this unrequired process, perhaps a positive critique of the methods involved would gain more distance in public benefit. An ad hominem circumstantial of "You screwed up" appears to me as not nearly beneficial as "This could be improved" etc.

I am happy to be corrected in my understanding.

Warren Hayman