[Vision2020] Meet the New Boss, Same as the ... Whoops, Never Mind

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 13:43:18 PST 2006

For those of you who have been avidly following the race for
chairmanship of the House Intelligence Committee, I'm proud to
announce that despite their best efforts, the Democratic party didn't
utterly screw the pooch by promoting impeached federal judge Alcee
Hastings, a man who couldn't get an intelligence clearance any other
way, to chairman. While I support stripping Jane Harman of her
chairmanship, as she was one of the biggest Democratic boosters of the
doctored intelligence on Iraq, Alcee Hastings would've been
immeasurably worse.

I was worried, for a minute, that all of the big talk on rooting out
corruption in Congress was just that.

-- ACS

Bonus Anti-Corruption Story: William "Cold Cash" Jefferson is in a
competitive run-off with challenger Karen Carter. There's a good
chance that the Democrats' own Bob Ney will go down in flames this
election season, too.