[Vision2020] Oh, how money talks!

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sun Nov 26 14:42:28 PST 2006

I found this letter in today's (Nov. 26) Yakima Herald.

Ralph

Oh, how money talks

To the editor -- I can't be the only person amazed at the photograph
of a smiling President Bush standing in front of the larger-than-life
statue of North Vietnamese leader Ho Chi Minh at the presidential
palace in Hanoi (Page 3A, Nov. 18).

It's amazing what 20 years and the desires of American business
interests can do!

That picture did more to explain our country's core principles and
the loyalties of our leaders than all the editorials I have read in
the past year combined.

I wonder how many years will pass before another American president
will stand before a bust of Osama bin Laden somewhere in the Middle
East, in search of markets for American goods.

JOHN SPITLER

Yakima