[Vision2020] An Invitation

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 25 16:19:29 PST 2006

Greetings:

I will be giving a sermon version of my paper "From Mongols to Mughals: Religious Violence in 9th-18th Century India" at the Unitarian Universalist Church tomorrow at 9:30 and 11:00.  The church is located at Second and Van Buren in Moscow.

The research I did for this was eye opening.  As I have said on this list several times before, Islam took root in India and Indonesia primarily by peaceful missionary efforts rather than mililatry conquest.  In fact, those places were the Muslims tried to force conversion correspond almost exactly to those places where the fewest Indian Muslims live today.

We are an open and welcoming noncreedal congregation.

Nick Gier