[Vision2020] Question for the Vision

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Tue Nov 21 11:59:24 PST 2006

Sorry on the last one post. I hit Send before I pasted my comment.
I'll try again.

I've noticed one of the "industries" which is rapidly growing in
Moscow consists of businesses that manage companions/caregivers for
disabled people. Some of those people are disabled as the result of
accidents. Some of those injuries could have been prevented if the
"victim" had been wearing a seat belt, a helmet, or other protective
gear.

I don't know how much funding for these services comes from private
sources, how much from insurance, and how much from the government
(i.e. tax dollars), but the people I know who use those services are
being supported by you and me, via the State.

This raises a question: how much should you and I be forced to pay in
tax dollars when an adult makes a bad choice and ends up with no
money and unable to take care of his/her self?

Kit Craine