[Vision2020] Sabbath celebrations

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 22:43:28 PST 2006

Ralph Nielsen wrote:

>Doug,
>
>Can you show us anywhere in the Bible where either God or Jesus
>changed the day of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday? Isn't it
>explicitly stated in the Ten Commandments and numerous other times in
>the Bible that it is the Seventh Day?
>
>Ralph

And what about when we went from the old Julian calendar on Tuesday, 2
September 1752 to the new Gregorian calendar on Wednesday, 14 September
1752 the next day?

   September 1752
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Doesn't that throw things off a bit?  A day that's a Sunday today would
have been a Thursday in the old calendar, unless I'm off in my math.
How many more calendar changes were there between then and now?  Come to
think of it, a Tuesday in the new calendar would have been a Saturday in
the old one, so maybe I should take the day off tomorrow?

Paul