[Vision2020] ID taxes

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Fri Nov 17 09:47:37 PST 2006

Mark,

Which taxes do you think are ok for public services? How about the
personal property usage tax? That wonderful tax on restaurant equipment
each year by the county for my being able to use the equipment.

Do you think this tax is ok?

And could you define "user-based". If one does not "use" should one be
taxed?

Do you think that only the rich should be taxed and not the poor?

Doug!

-------

While I generally support user-based taxation schemes, the proposal
below adds insult to the injury of the Risch/GOP Idaho tax-the-poor
taxation "reform". The sales tax is the most regressive tax. Given
the sales tax loopholes already in place for ag and timber, once
again the Idaho GOP will be disproportionately sticking it to those
who can least afford it. All so we can build a highway from Boise to
Dirk's retirement home, among other dubious road projects.

Mark S.