[Vision2020] Learning punctuation!

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Nov 15 11:44:12 PST 2006

Well Lemon-O,

I can see why you are not licensed.

>From Wikipedia:  [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe]

English language usage

[edit] Basic principles: possessive apostrophe
  a.. An apostrophe is used to indicate possession.
    a.. For most singular nouns, the ending 's is added, e.g. the cat's whiskers.
    b.. If the word is plural and already ends in an s, then instead only an apostrophe is added, for example my nieces' weddings. (This does not apply to plurals that do not end in an s, for example the children's toys.)
    c.. If the word ends in an s but is singular, practice varies as to whether to add 's or only an apostrophe. (For discussion on this and the following points, see below.)
    d.. In general, a good practice is to follow whichever spoken form is judged best: Boss's shoes, Mrs. Jones' hat (or Mrs. Jones's hat, if that spoken form is preferred). In many cases, both spoken and written forms will differ between people.
However, I did misspell your name as Farriss (probably because a subset of that spelling of your name describes you well).  I am sorry for that clumsy spelling (not punctuation) slip.

But you write in your chastisement:

"Keep it up you'll get it soon."

It should be either:

"Keep it up.  You'll get it soon." or