[Vision2020] Iraq [was Tet Offensive]

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 09:25:35 PST 2006

"The notion that we ought to now go to Baghdad and uh
uhh somehow take control of the country strikes me as
as an extremely uh serious one in terms of uh what
we'd have to do once we got there. You'd probably have
to put some new government in place. It's not clear
what kind of government that would be, how long you'd
have to stay. For the U.S. to get involved militarily
in determining the outcome of uh the struggle over
who's going to govern in Iraq uh strikes me as a uh
classic definition of a quagmire." Dick Cheney, 1991

Or listen for yourself...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGIe1gPaTXY

-Scott