[Vision2020] Failure (Was Tet Offensive)

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Sun Nov 12 11:29:13 PST 2006

J and Sunil,

Hope you two don't mind if I combine posts in a nefarious attempt to
circumvent the four a day rule...

J, I don't think it's fair to say we have failed in Iraq.  the situation is
of course as volatile as a reasonable person would expect given the region
and its history.  But does that mean that the process of democratization is
automatically doomed to failure?  Is not your conviction in that regard at
risk of becoming a self fulfilling prophesy?  Dare to hope, J.

And Sunil, yes, the middle east is not known for budding democracies- until
now, that is.  But does that not mean we should not have tried to introduce
them to such a system?  Our system was unparallel at its inception as well,
and look what a crowning glory it has proven to be historically.

J, our response to 911 immoral and immature?  Wow.  Tell it to the victim's
families.

Sunil, my point, which you surely recognize, was that a rogue state can be
transformed into a cooperating member of the civilized community as the
south was during our civil war, Japan was after WW11, and as Iraq might
become if we don't keep vacillating in our objectives.  Just because
something has not been done previously does not ensure that it can never be
accomplished Sunil.  To suggest otherwise would be to deny the invention of
the automobile, the wheel itself, or our system of government.  Dare to
hope, Sunil.  I submit that your determination that all those living in the
middle east are forever condemned to murder one another willy-nilly, is
indeed the true racism.  My use of the term raghead is meant to apply to the
glazed eyed, bomb wielding, seventh century sociopaths that so predominate
in that culture.  You are under no obligation to agree with me.  Isn't
freedom great?

And finally, J:  If you seriously think that Bush and company knew ahead of
time about Osama Bin Raghead's plans to incinerate 3 thousand of your
countrymen, and deliberately let it happen to justify a personal vendetta,
then I'm afraid I must conclude that further dialog with you would be
pointless unless you are willing to adjust your medication.

Have a wonderful Sunday in this, the greatest nation on God's green Earth.

Cordially yours,  -T