[Vision2020] The Insults Continue

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Mon Nov 6 20:03:31 PST 2006

Farris,

Please help us here with your response below.

http://www.ipels.idaho.gov/curroster.htm provides a search for all licensed professional engineers in Idaho.

There must be some mistake since your name is not among those listed, especially since:

Idaho Statutes                                  TITLE  54
                    PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
                                  CHAPTER 12
                           ENGINEERS AND SURVEYORS
    54-1201.  DECLARATION OF POLICY. To safeguard life, health and property,
every person practicing or offering to practice professional engineering or
professional land surveying, as herein defined, for any project physically
located in this state, shall submit evidence of his qualifications and be
registered as hereinafter provided; and it shall be unlawful for any person to
practice or offer to practice professional engineering or professional land
surveying for any project physically located in this state, or to use in
connection with his name or otherwise assume, use or advertise any title or
description tending to convey the impression that he is a registered or
licensed professional engineer or professional land surveyor, unless such
person has been duly registered or is exempted under the provisions of this
chapter. Except as exempted by section 54-1223, Idaho Code, an engineer shall
be allowed to practice professional engineering as defined in this chapter
only when he has become duly registered or licensed as a professional engineer
by the board under this chapter. The practice of professional engineering or
professional land surveying shall be deemed a privilege granted by the Idaho
board of registration of professional engineers and professional land
surveyors through the board, based  on qualifications of the individuals as
evidenced by the person's certificate of registration, which shall not be
transferable.
                             TITLE  54
                    PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
                                  CHAPTER 12
                           ENGINEERS AND SURVEYORS
    54-1222.  VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES -- PROSECUTION OF OFFENSES. Any person
who shall practice, or offer to practice, professional engineering or
professional land surveying in this state without being registered in
accordance with the provisions of this chapter, or any person presenting or
attempting to use as his own the certificate of registration or the seal of
another, or any person who shall give any false or forged evidence of any kind
to the board or to any member thereof in obtaining a certificate of
registration, or any person who shall falsely impersonate any other registrant
of like or different name, or any person who shall attempt to use an expired
or revoked certificate of registration or practice at any time during a period
the board has suspended or revoked his certificate of registration, or any
person who shall violate any of the provisions of this chapter, shall be
guilty of a misdemeanor.
    Legal counsel selected by the board, or the attorney general of this state
or anyone designated by him may act as legal advisor of the board. It shall be
the duty of the attorney general of this state to enforce the provisions of
this chapter and to prosecute any person violating the same. The attorney
general shall be reimbursed by the board for any fees and expenses incurred by
the attorney general in representing the board.

Please help understand the disconnect here.  I am sure there must be a mistake somewhere because surely someone who claims to be a "saint" would not intentionally violate laws who legislative intent is "to safeguard life, health and property."

W.