[Vision2020] NSA Adds "Graduate Program" And More Students

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 10:28:08 PST 2006

According to NSA's own site:

"At its October 2006 mid-year meeting, the College's Board of Trustees
approved initiation of a new graduate degree program and the acceptance of
applications for admission for classes to begin in August 2007. Final formal
approval of the degree program is anticipated in April 2007."

Ok, explain this:  What percentage of the NOW limit of 200 students will
this program take up?  Or is this just another sneaky kirker way of upping
the population of the school?  I mean, the FIRST year only, the program will
be limited to 5 full-time students, but it does NOT state what the number
will be in the following years.  Nor does it state just how many part-time
students will be allowed; only that "a limited number of exceptionally
qualified part-time applicants may be admitted as space allows".

And if you don't get a whole lot of "Grad Students" in this program, will
you just use those allotted slots to put in underclassmen and call it good?

The write-up done by Aaron Rench is very cleverly worded.  We'll see just
how many new students they try to get in under the radar.  Hope the City
Council is watching this situation...what I predicted would happen, is.
They are opening their program and adding new students.  They will of
course, then need another classroom, another building...and the march just
continues on in the CBD.

J  :]