[Vision2020] Poll Shows Leads for Democrats

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 4 20:05:08 PST 2006

Shirley said yesterday on vision 2020 that she had never voted to confiscate
guns. That she supports your right to hunt.

She voted against a bill originating in the Senate  SENT BILL NO. 1401 2006
which amends existing law relating to emergency powers to provide that no
restrictions shall be imposed on lawful uses of firearms or ammunition
during a disaster emergency.
Being able to defend yourself against marauders during a disaster is even
more important than being able to hunt.

Anyone who cares about the second and fourth amendments and is even a little
bit framiliar with the travisty that occoured in New Orleans should be
outraged by Ms. Ringo's vote on this bill. The idea of having government
officals barge their way into your home sans warrent and forcably seize your
legaly owned firearms without recourse or compensation should be a nightmare
for any citizen who cares even a little bit about the constitution and
personel freedom. During an emergency of the magnitude of Katrina, one might
reasonably expect law enforcement personel to be preocupied with rescue
operations and that one would be on their own when it comes to defending
your loved ones and property. The idea that those same officers should be
harassing law abiding citizens instead of performing more usefull work is
outragous. The fact that Ms. Ringo not only doesn't realize this but totally
mischaricterizes the right to bear arms to be about hunting is enough for me
to question her fitness to represent my interests. With this in mind, I'll
be voting for Roger Fallen and I urge everyone else to join me in this.
There is no question but what Mr. Fallen has a better understanding of the
concerns of firearms owners and Idaho voters in general.

gc