[Vision2020] Active Troops by and large, support Bush....

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 4 08:17:14 PST 2006

I the original post to which I have been trying to respond, you said...

"I can name Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity,
Michael Reagan, Gordon Liddy, Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage, Michael
Medved, and Laura Schlessinger.  I've probably missed a few.  All of
them, celebrity conservatives (.i.e,. celebrities for their
impassioned espousal of conservative values, not celebrities who
happen to be conservative).

Present a comparable list full of celebrity liberals who get as
much media exposure, and you might be able to convince me that you
have a point.  I can think of Michael Moore.

Air America is a business failure.  Fox News is the cable news
leader, earning higher points ratings than CNN and MSNBC combined.
Eight out of ten of the most-watched nightly cable news shows belong
to Fox.  In July 2006, of the 56 top rated telecasts on cable news,
Fox was responsible for broadcasting the first 55.

Who gets more airplay again, the liberals or the conservatives?"

I think that I can read fairly well. For all the world it appears that you
are desperately try to make the case that conservatives are represented in
far greater numbers in the media than liberals. My first list disabused that
notion. In an effort to limit my ability to point out how you are wrong, you
insist that the liberals I point out must be famous for nothing other than
being liberal.  My second list did exactly that. (I threw in "on the radio"
as a freebie to mirror your list as accurately as possible) Now you have
fallen back on the age old liberal standard of "you're just to ignorant to
keep up with what I have written." Nice fall back position.

 Just because you imagine FOX to be 100% conservative 100% of the time
(which it most assuredly isn't) how does that override the liberal voices
that emanate from practically every other major source? Most especially the
big three network news outlets? How about government funded NPR? Pacifica?
Our own little "progressive" gem KRFP?

Yes, Air America is a business failure, but not from any lack of effort or,
goodness knows, money. Air America's message was simply not in tune with
what the vast majority of Americans are willing to endure. I can almost hear
you muttering under your breath, 'deaf to the truth,' but I don't believe
that to be the case at all. I think that most folks don't care for the
hectoring, anti-USA message that was being pounded out ad nauseam, not to
mention the snarkey,' I'm more intelligent then you red state rubes'
attitude. An attitude that is becoming significantly more prevalent (on this
list as well as general liberal media sources. Please ref. the NYT editorial
Ms. Paul so thoughtfully provided) as election day draws closer. An
attitude, not surprisingly, amply displayed in your response.

gc