[Vision2020] salute of the flag

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Fri Nov 3 15:07:09 PST 2006

Visionaries:

When Roger Falen referred to my "vote against the Pledge of Allegiance," I answered with respect to the vote regarding public school students.  Idaho Code already required public schools to teach respect for the flag and the pledge of allegiance.  Monte Pearce, who was then a Representative from New Plymouth sponsored legislation to require public school students to recite the Pledge daily.  I voted against this, because I thought local districts should decide for themselves how to make this most meaningful.  I don't think my vote showed any disrespect.

Shirley