[Vision2020] correcting the record (HR006)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Nov 3 14:11:32 PST 2006

Roger Falen stated that Shirley Ringo voted against HR006 in 2000.

He is correct.

However, the text of that resolution reads:

http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/2000/HR006.html

"This resolution adds the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United
States of America as the second order of business following the prayer in
the House of Representatives. The Pledge of Allegiance serves as a reminder
of the responsibility to protect the priceless freedoms of the American
people. Our representatives will acknowledge that with great power comes
great responsibility. Our country's founding principles under God will be
honored."

Perhaps Shirley Ringo agreed with all of HR006 with the exception of "under
God" thus maintaining separation of church and state.

In order to ensure the separation remains, I, too, would have voted against
it.