[Vision2020] Wilson Digs His Slavery Hole Deeper

donald huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Fri Nov 3 12:29:17 PST 2006

Hi Nick and other Visionaries:

Thank you for posting the Daily News (aka The Daily New St. Andrews) article
about Dale's new book.  Could any of you clarify a point in the article for
me?  Doug is quoted:

"But do I have regrets about thinking what I think about this? No. We are
not defending slavery as a positive good - like food, air, or sunshine - but
it was not the Holocaust either."

I don't recall Doug using this particular excuse before, is this a new
wrinkle?

Thanks,
Rose

P.S.  Ah, yes.  The Blue Bonnet Press, still flogging the Confederate cause.
http://www.bluebonnetpress.com/wbts_authors.html
I think we might identify this splendid little outfit as Canon Press South.
The authors for this press include (are limited to?) George Grant, J. Steven
Wilkins, Douglas Wilson (described as "another leading light in contemporary
classical Christian education"), and Tom Spencer, secondary principal at
Logos School.  Note:  Mr. Spencer was terminated several months ago.  I
believe it would astound all Doug Wilson's critics if he actually found a
press that wasn't connected ideologically or theologically with his far
flung enterprises .However, there is no danger of that happening.