[Vision2020] correcting the record

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Nov 3 11:53:13 PST 2006

In a letter to the Editor by Phyllis Solomon that was printed in the DN and the Argonaut and posted on vision2020 by Tom Hansen, she says I misquted or twisted what Shirley said. She and shirley sa that what Shirley said at a poverty forum at UI was " Sometimes when your numbers are small you have to use legislative procedures rather than btute strengh toaccomplish your goal"  She may vary well have said this, I don't know. The quote I used was made at the UI commons 4/25/o6. It is "When you're in a minority group, like the Democrats, you don't have a lot of power to get things done"

In response to a letter to the Editor by Don Meyer in which he critisezed Shirley for not suporting the pledge, Shirley last night maintaien that she respected the pledge and had always stood for it That she has always stood for it may be techancally correct. The event in question was the dedication of the new Troy High School. Govenor Kirk Kemthorne gave a speach about how Idaho was part of the suit defending the Pledge of Allegiance that was before the Supreme Court. The whole crowd stood up and gave gave him a standing ovation except for Shirley and some of the other speakers, who remained seated. I don't think this shows respect for the pledge.
She has voated against the Pledge three times.