[Vision2020] Active Troops by and large, support Bush....

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:29:49 PST 2006

On 11/2/06, g. crabtree <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Katie Couric
> Matt Lauer
> Rosie O'Donnell
> Oprah Winfrey
> Jim Lehrer
> Tim Russert
> Bob Schieffer
> Barbara Walters
> Janeane Garofalo
> Dave Letterman
> Bill Maher
> Jon Stewart
> Al Gore
> Alan Colmes
> Susan Sarandon
> Tim Robbins
> Alec Baldwin
> Woopi Goldberg

Please, don't be disingenuous.  You list is in no way comparable to
mine.  First, the majority fail the test (revised, of course, to fit
the political reversal) "celebrities for their impassioned espousal of
liberal values, not celebrities who happen to be liberal."  Precisely
three qualify:  Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Alan Colmes, and two of
those are comedians.

Many of the others are film stars who happen to be liberals.  Their
shtick isn't liberalism; they don't earn their livelihood because of
their liberal credentials.  If I started naming celebrities who just
happened to be conservatives to my list, it would grow longer:

Ted Nugent
Charlton Heston
Ben Stein
Bo Derek
Sammy Hagar
Pat Sajak
Jessica Simpson

If I included famous conservative politicians, political commentators,
and activists, my list would include:

Jack Abramoff
John Ashcroft
Robert Bork
William Buckley
Steve Forbes
Newt Gingrich
Orrin Hatch
Christopher Hitchens
Alan Keyes
Trent Lott
Ed Meese
John Negroponte
George Pataki
Colin Powell
Dan Quayle
Rick Santorum
Antonin Scalia
Michael Scanlon
William Bennett
David Horowitz
Tim LaHaye
Phyllis Schlafly

If I included a "No shit?" category:

Dick Cheney
Lynne Cheney
Jerry Falwell
Pat Robertson
Condoleezza Rice
Donald Rumsfeld
George Bush

I don't know where to put Tim LaHaye.

Adding to my list of conservative broadcasters who are famous largely
for their conservatism:

Matt Drudge
Pat Buchanan
Glenn Beck
Mike Gallagher
Linda Chavez
Oliver North

Again, you can't compile a comparable list.

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi