[Vision2020] Trick or Treat muggings

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Wed Nov 1 20:23:59 PST 2006

I am so sorry to hear this. While we think of Moscow as a very safe place to live and raise
families, it only takes a few bad apples to spoil our small town barrel. I sincerely hope your son
and his friends still regard Moscow as a good place to live; 99% of the time, it is. I hope the
creeps who did this are caught and punished, and I fervently wish their names are published
and their parents humiliated. The answer to the question *what were they thinking?*
They were thinking nothing....nothing about anyone else, nothing moral, nothing ethical,
nothing smart. For me this means their parents have not instilled any values into the little
thugs...

(My son was mugged by 3 high schoolers outside the public library at dusk one evening when
he was in junior high. They bit off more than they could chew, however. He kept his pocket
change, a sleeve from a jacket, and a darn good description which landed them in juvenile
detention. He also reported this to the police while sporting a sprained wrist and a black eye.)

Hug your kids....

Debi R-S