[Vision2020] Active Troops by and large, support Bush....

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:27:57 PST 2006

People regularly label the New York Times as liberal.  This so-called
liberal paper published Judith Miller's uncorroborated stories about WMD in
Iraq on their front page.  These stories helped pave the way to war.

After Colin Powell's speech to the UN, the mainstream media uncritically
accepted what he said.  Other sources, off the beaten path, refuted most of
his claims, but not the mainstream press.  Now it's recognized that what he
said was wrong, and he regrets the speech; at the time, it went
unchallenged.

I will agree that there are plenty of liberals in the press, and I
understand why you take your position, Matt.  But I think the press is
pretty cautious - cowardly, actually - when it comes to taking on the
government.

Ted Moffett has tried without success to get a discussion going on this
issue.  I think there's a lot of self-censorship that goes on in the
mainstream media.

Sunil