[Vision2020] [Norton AntiSpam] Unofficial Poll: Do you take Vision 2020 Seriously?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Nov 1 05:59:15 PST 2006

Arnold -

Vision 2020 is NOT meant to be a news source.  Vision 2020, as I (and Keely
Mix) stated a while back in the Moscow-Pullman Daily News, is analogous to
the proverbial "soap box" where opinions are expressed, discussed, and
analyzed.  Nobody ever said that we must all agree on any subject here on
Vision 2020.  Within those disagreements is the fundamental purpose of
Vision 2020.  If somebody were to realize that they strongly disagree, there
are three options available to them:

1)  They can participate in a debate, thus contributing their opinion and/or
knowledge,

2)  They can "sit on the sidelines" and listen in, thus learning how others
feel about various topics, while accumulating knowledge themselves, or

3)  They can hide behind their own self-serving blog, while playing an
immature editorial game of "He Said - She Said", thus justifying their own
miserably non-productive lives.

So, you see, Arnold.  I do take Vision 2020 seriously.  I simply do not
consider it my primary news source.

"Madness does not always howl.  Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end
of the day saying, 'Hey, is there room in your head for one more?'"

- Author Unknown

  _____