[Vision2020] A "Peace" of Grass---featuring a GI in Iraq

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed May 31 23:03:38 PDT 2006

On 5/31/06, rvrcowboy <rvrcowboy at clearwire.net> wrote:

> So, are you saying you have no respect for our soldiers?  Or just no more
> respect than you have for anyother person you consider to be comitting
> criminal acts?

I have respect for soldiers.  I have respect for bakers and truckers
and ski instructors.  That is, I have respect for those soldiers,
bakers, truckers, and ski instructors who have earned my respect.  I
don't know whether our accused soldiers are guilty or not; I'll
withhold judgement until I've seen the evidence on both sides.
Soldiers don't deserve my respect _because_ they are soldiers, and
won't earn it unless their actions are ethical.  In this case, that
means that they have only killed to save lives.  Murderous rampage !=
good soldier, whether the language of the soldier is Arabic, Kurdish,
Assyrian, Armenian, or English.