[Vision2020] A "Peace" of Grass---featuring a GI in Iraq

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:42:48 PDT 2006

On 5/31/06, rvrcowboy <rvrcowboy at clearwire.net> wrote:

> For those of you who really mean it when you say  you support our troops.

I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, I really don't.  However, maudlin
sentimentality has never worked for me, and I don't imagine that it
ever will.  Schmaltz has a deleterious effect on my soul.

I do support our troops, but not with cheesy magnetic decals, and I
would support them more gladly if I could agree that the reason they
were in danger somehow involved justice, but I've grown too cynical
and iconoclastic to believe anything so trustingly naive or absurd.