[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 30 11:59:56 PDT 2006

>From the June 5, 2006 edition of the Army Times -

U.S. service members who died while supporting combat operations in Iraq,
confirmed by the Defense Department from May 19 through May 25:

Army Pfc. Nicholas R. Cournoyer, 25, of Gilmanton, N.H.; assigned to the 2nd
Battalion, 22nd Infantry, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division
(Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.

Marine Cpl. William B. Fulks, 23, of Culloden, W.Va.; assigned to the 2nd
Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary
Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Army Staff Sgt. Christian Longsworth, 26, of Newark, N.J.; assigned to the
3rd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg, N.C.

Marine Lance Cpl. Benito A. Ramirez, 21, of Edinburg, Texas; assigned to 3rd
Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary
Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Marine Sgt. David R. Christoff, 25, of Rossford, Ohio; assigned to 3rd
Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine
Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

Marine Lance Cpl. William J. Leusink, 21, of Maurice, Iowa; assigned to 3rd
Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, 3rd Marine Division, III Marine
Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Base Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii

Army Spc. Michael L. Hermanson, 21, of Fargo, N.D.; assigned to the 164th
Engineer Battalion, North Dakota Army National Guard, Minot, N.D.

Marine Pfc. Steven W. Freund, 20, of Pittsburgh; assigned to 1st Battalion,
1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp
Pendleton, Calif.

Marine Lance Cpl. Robert G. Posivio III, 22, of Sherburn, Minn.; assigned to
1st Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine
Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Army Pfc. Caleb A. Lufkin, 24, of Knoxville, Ill.; assigned to the 5th
Engineer Battalion, Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.

May 19-25
Killed: 10; Wounded in action: 96

March 19, 2003-May 25
Killed: 2,455; Wounded in action: 18,184

And the beat goes on . . .

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.