[Vision2020] Iraq's My Lai Massacre

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon May 29 14:19:00 PDT 2006

On 5/29/06, rvrcowboy <rvrcowboy at clearwire.net> wrote:

> I think it is disgusting for `people like Nick Gier to post this sort of
> inflamable material to a public forum.  What are his motives?  Is he trying
> to be a part of the solution to a problem or simply attempting to further
> the rhetoric and anger?

I'm confused.  The New York Times, arguably the most important
newspaper in the United States, considered _the_ newspaper of record
for our nation -- it prints an article, which Nick reprints, and this
is somehow a bad thing?

> It is clear what Mr. Gier thinks about our soldiers in Iraq.  He believes
> they are cold blooded murders who kill innocent people without provocation.

I'm not trying to be contrary, Dick, but... how is what you have
asserted of Nick, "clear?"

> And just read the words of John Murtha, the great American traitor.

Murtha is a traitor?  He wins the Bronze Star (with Combat "V" for
valor device), two Purple Hearts, the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry,
and the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, but he somehow isn't
entitled to express a contrary opinion?

> Most of you defended the right of Kanay Mubita to a fair hearing, but you
> will likely support the smearing of our own troops by people like Gier and
> Murtha.  All the while, pretending that you support the troops!  What a
> joke!

Reporting what some of our troops may have done does not qualify as
"smearing."  If this were true, then any time that a man or a woman
were accused of a crime, the press would be guilty of slanderous
defamation.  Is that what you are arguing?