[Vision2020] Wrong roads

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Thu May 25 15:12:16 PDT 2006

Isn't it ironic? Instead of building a divided four lane highway
between Moscow and Pullman, where we really need one, they are
throwing away many millions of the taxpayers' money on a similar road
to Lewiston. All we really needed there were a few more passing lanes
and a little straightening of bad stretches like Reisenauer Hill.

I'm afraid there will be many accidents between Moscow and Pullman on
a road four lanes wide with only a rumble strip in the middle. Think
of what will happen in winter when all turns to ice.

Oh well, pretty soon the Whitman County powers that be are going to
permit so many diversions on this stretch of road that all traffic
will have to slow down to thirty miles an hour anyway. And more
traffic lights too.